According to Amaechi, the Kano railway track route which is proposed to be ready for commercial activities before the end of May, 2023, will convey both passengers and cargoes from Kano to Lagos and vice versa as both are economic hubs of the country.
The Minister disclosed this during the inspection tour of the Kano railway line project end of the Lagos-Kano railway line project stating that his motivation on the rail interconnectivity projects across the country is borne out of love for national interest.
“We agree that if we fund them, they must complete the work. They must do what they agree that they will do. The conversation with had with them is that that they must break this work into parts so that everybody will be working at the same time. If they do that I am sure that before May, 2023 we will have commercial activity on the track.
“The route will be used to convey both passengers and cargos. One of the most economic nerve centers in the country is Kano and Lagos. Why this track is the most economically viable track.
“The economic activities that takes place in Kano can be conveyed to Lagos viz a viz those who produce in Lagos can have their products conveyed to Kano. This will create jobs and the cost of land here will not be the same.”
Speaking on intra-city rail line, Amaechi noted that omly two states are likely to benefit from intra city rail transport; Rivers and Lagos states.
“The Lagos route terminates in Calabar, the Port Harcourt rail will terminate in Maiduguri because the rail will take part of the city this way and part of the city that way same way with Rivers state”, he added.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal