Some aides of the Kwara Deputy Governor, Mr Kayode Alabi, have tested positive for COVID-19 infectious disease.
Alabi, at a press briefing on Suday stressed the need for residents of the state to always adhere strictly to the COVID-19 safety protocols.
He warned that the disease was real and a present danger that required serious caution.
Alabi explained that the government was determined to flatten the curve of coronavirus and curb community transmission.
The deputy governor disclosed that the aides had been admitted to the COVID 19 Infectious Centre at Sobi Specialist Hospital Ilorin.
He called on Kwarans to take responsibility in the fight against the disease.
Alabi added that the only antidote against COVID-19 was to obey all government and health officials precautionary measures .
According to him, such measures include wearing of face masks, avoidance of large gathering, adherence to physical distancing and washing of hands with soap under running water or sanitiser among others.
He also advised all Ministries, Departments and Agencies to emulate his action by allowing their staff to go for testing.
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy
- Nigeria is not broke, says finance minister
- Aree of Ogele felicitates with Sulu-Gambari on SAN attainment
- 2023: INEC, NUJ collaborate on election, conflict-sensitive reporting
- Senate President cautions against Vote-trading in 2023 poll