The Kwara State Government has announced that there won’t be elaborate ceremony of any kind on October 1, 2023, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
Recalled that come Sunday 1st October 2023, Nigeria would be 63years as an independent nation, an occasion which is known annually as Independence Day.
However, the state government in a statement issued ln Wednesday by the commissioner for communications, Mrs. Bolanle Olukoju, said: the decision is to reflect the mood of the nation amid ongoing reforms and strong efforts of the government to ensure sustainable development.”
Olukoju therefore concluded that, “The state government urges citizens to use the October 1 holiday to pray for the state, our country, and the world at large.”
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death
- Breaking….Former Reps member, Yahaya ‘Bulldozer’ is dead
- Court convicts self-acclaimed monarch, ‘Oba Dosunmu’ to 6months jailterm
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Ghali Alaaya over NNPCL’s appointment
- Reps Probe EFCC Over Failed Attempts To Rearrest Emefiele From Prison
- NYSC swears in 2,150 corps members in Kwara
- Ex-Rep member, Alajagusi is dead, Kwara Gov. mourns
- Press Week: All men and women must read this story
- Emir Sulu-Gambari mourns over demise of Sheikh Sha’aban and Baba Buhari
- Kwara Governor Mourns Late Scholar, Muyideen Sha’aban