The Kwara State Government has reaffirmed its commitment to eradicating poverty in order to provide meaningful livelihoods, motorable roads and good health through Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) in the State.
The State Commissioner, Ministry of Business, Innovation and Technology, Hon. Damilola Yusuf Adelodun stated this when members of Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria (RTEAN) paid her a courtesy visit in her office.
The Commissioner declared that the present administration in the State has given hope to the hopeless through various programmes and capital projects executed in the State, which include: the construction of Information, Communication Technology (Innovation Hub), Sugar Factory, Film Village, Garment Making Factory, International Conference Center and Shea Nut/Butter processing factory at Kaiama among others.
Hon. Damilola commended the efforts of the Transport Union for the networking and easy transportation system in the State, with a promise to look into their request, to ensure their members’ wellbeing.
On the purpose of their visit, the Chairman, Kwara State Road Transport Union of Nigeria, Alhaji Olayinka Onikijipa, congratulated the Commisioner on her appointment and thanked Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, for providing good road network and maintenance as well as palliatives for students at this critical period of economic hardship in the State.
Speaking further, the Consultant, Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria (RTEAN), Alhaji Nuraini Usman Yasin, narrated that they requested for the provision of land from the State Government to build Two Hundred Housing Units with wavers for their members, adding that similar projects are being carried out across the country.
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death
- Breaking….Former Reps member, Yahaya ‘Bulldozer’ is dead
- Court convicts self-acclaimed monarch, ‘Oba Dosunmu’ to 6months jailterm
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Ghali Alaaya over NNPCL’s appointment
- Reps Probe EFCC Over Failed Attempts To Rearrest Emefiele From Prison
- NYSC swears in 2,150 corps members in Kwara
- Ex-Rep member, Alajagusi is dead, Kwara Gov. mourns
- Press Week: All men and women must read this story
- Emir Sulu-Gambari mourns over demise of Sheikh Sha’aban and Baba Buhari
- Kwara Governor Mourns Late Scholar, Muyideen Sha’aban