The Kwara State Signage and Advertisement Agency (KWASAA) has reiterated its readiness to ensure sanity in the indiscriminate pasting of posters on government properties in the State.
The Director General (DG) of the agency, Hon. Olorunshola Omotayo dropped the hint when he received members of the Media Team of the Turbaning Ceremony Committee of the Mutawalin of Ilorin Emirate in his office recently.
He charged politicians, advertising practitioners and the general public to desist from any act capable of destroying government facilities due to the nonchalant attitudes of some individuals.
The DG who listed some poster boards, said it is necessary for any group or individuals to seek professional advice from KWASAA as a regulatory body before erecting bill boards or placing their posters.
Omotayo who commended the visiting team, charged other groups and private Organizations to always follow suit in their proposed signage and outdoor structures for better education.
He also used opportunity of the visit to appeal to Kwarans to abide by the rules and regulations of advertising and outdoor structures, adding that the agency will continue to work in accordance with global standards.
Earlier, the leader of the team, Alhaji AbdulRasaq Adebayo disclosed that they were in the GM’s office to inform KWASAA of its plans towards the erection of bill boards and placing of posters for the coronation ceremony of Mutawalle of Ilorin.
“We are here to inform you and seek your professional advice and guidelines as an agency saddled with the responsibilities of controlling and enforcing bill boards erection and outdoor structures in the State”, Adebayo said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- FAAN inaugurates App for airport taxi
- LASU aims to become best varsity in W’Africa — VC
- Poverty not for any true child of God— RCCG Pastor
- Tinubu was never a minister, Osinbajo was commissioner when I was Speaker— Amaechi
- With your support, I will win – Tinubu tells Bauchi delegates
- Why Kano APC Delegates Should Vote Me — Amaechi
- APC Governorship aspirant resigns from party
- Court sentences 27yr-old student for illicit drug trafficking
- Breaking….. Buhari orders embattled Accountant-General’s suspension
- Deborah: Stop escalation of jungle justice across Nigeria, govt urged