Chairman of the Kwara House of assembly Committee on Finance and Appropriation, Mashood Bakare has declared that Kwara State Government lost a total of N8 billion in revenue between January to November 2016.
He made this known on Thursday while presenting the report of the performance of 2016 budget at the plenary session of House.
Bakare, while presenting the report during the second reading of the revised appropriation 2016 bill, said the Committee detected that the N8 billion was the fund not paid by some Agencies in the state.
He attributed the revenue loss to inefficient of the officials of the state revenue service.
The Speaker, Dr Ali Ahmad, in his remark expressed dismay on the revenue loss and directed the Committee to examine the rationale behind it.
The second reading of the bill which was moved by the deputy House Leader, Segilola AbdulKadir later passed the second reading on the floor of the House.
The Speaker directed the Committee on appropriation to conduct a public hearing on the bill and report back to the House by Tuesday, 6th December.
Addressing Assembly Correspondents after the Thursday plenary, the Chairman of the House Committee on Information, Saheed Popoola said the House will summon Managements of agencies who refused to remit revenue.
Also during Thursday plenary, Kwara state compulsory free universal Basic Education amendment bill and Kwara state Teaching service Commission amendment bill passed second reading.
The motion for the second reading of the bills which was sent to the House by Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed was moved by the deputy House Leader, Segilola AbdulKadir.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector