Governor AbdulRahaman AbdulRasaq of Kwara has pledged to sustain enabling platforms for the youths to thrive in the state.
AbdulRazaq said this on Saturday at the maiden edition of Kwara Youth Fair, held in Ilorin.
Represented by his Deputy, Mr Kayode Alabi, Governor AbdulRazaq said the platform was designed to showcase the ingenuity and entrepreneurial spirit of youths in Kwara.
He said this will witness a giant move towards boosting the state’s economic activities of young people.
According to him, this will also examine how enterprising, creative, innovative the youths are and provide the support and mentorship that would enable them to explore their potentials.
The Governor said the overall objective of the government’s various youth-driven initiatives is to pave the way for a sustainable youth empowerment mechanism.
He said this will reduce over-dependence on government and enable the youth to become self-reliant, employ others and contribute meaningfully to the state and country’s economies.
Earlier in her speech, Mrs Kaosara Adeyi, Special Adviser to the Governor on Youth Engagement, expressed her appreciation to AbdulRazaq for providing the enabling environment for youths’ emancipation.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo