Governor AbdulRahaman AbdulRasaq of Kwara has pledged to sustain enabling platforms for the youths to thrive in the state.
AbdulRazaq said this on Saturday at the maiden edition of Kwara Youth Fair, held in Ilorin.
Represented by his Deputy, Mr Kayode Alabi, Governor AbdulRazaq said the platform was designed to showcase the ingenuity and entrepreneurial spirit of youths in Kwara.
He said this will witness a giant move towards boosting the state’s economic activities of young people.
According to him, this will also examine how enterprising, creative, innovative the youths are and provide the support and mentorship that would enable them to explore their potentials.
The Governor said the overall objective of the government’s various youth-driven initiatives is to pave the way for a sustainable youth empowerment mechanism.
He said this will reduce over-dependence on government and enable the youth to become self-reliant, employ others and contribute meaningfully to the state and country’s economies.
Earlier in her speech, Mrs Kaosara Adeyi, Special Adviser to the Governor on Youth Engagement, expressed her appreciation to AbdulRazaq for providing the enabling environment for youths’ emancipation.
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death
- Breaking….Former Reps member, Yahaya ‘Bulldozer’ is dead
- Court convicts self-acclaimed monarch, ‘Oba Dosunmu’ to 6months jailterm
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Ghali Alaaya over NNPCL’s appointment
- Reps Probe EFCC Over Failed Attempts To Rearrest Emefiele From Prison
- NYSC swears in 2,150 corps members in Kwara
- Ex-Rep member, Alajagusi is dead, Kwara Gov. mourns
- Press Week: All men and women must read this story
- Emir Sulu-Gambari mourns over demise of Sheikh Sha’aban and Baba Buhari
- Kwara Governor Mourns Late Scholar, Muyideen Sha’aban