Governor AbdulRahaman AbdulRasaq of Kwara has pledged to sustain enabling platforms for the youths to thrive in the state.
AbdulRazaq said this on Saturday at the maiden edition of Kwara Youth Fair, held in Ilorin.
Represented by his Deputy, Mr Kayode Alabi, Governor AbdulRazaq said the platform was designed to showcase the ingenuity and entrepreneurial spirit of youths in Kwara.
He said this will witness a giant move towards boosting the state’s economic activities of young people.
According to him, this will also examine how enterprising, creative, innovative the youths are and provide the support and mentorship that would enable them to explore their potentials.
The Governor said the overall objective of the government’s various youth-driven initiatives is to pave the way for a sustainable youth empowerment mechanism.
He said this will reduce over-dependence on government and enable the youth to become self-reliant, employ others and contribute meaningfully to the state and country’s economies.
Earlier in her speech, Mrs Kaosara Adeyi, Special Adviser to the Governor on Youth Engagement, expressed her appreciation to AbdulRazaq for providing the enabling environment for youths’ emancipation.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud