The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance and Planning, Alhaji AbdulRasaq Folorunsho, dropped this hint on Tuesday at the inauguration of the Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) exercise in Bode Saadu Community, Moro Local Government Area of the state.
Folorunsho explained that the operational fund for the programme was 750 million dollars, and which would cover two years.
According to him, the programme will financially support all the 36 states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory.
In her remarks, the General Manager, State Community and Social Development Agency, Hajiya Amamat Haruna said that the project was a welcome development.
She said that the NG-CARES was designed to cushion the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, boost the development strides of the state and further strengthen the gains of pro-poor policies of the state government.
Haruna said, “the NG-CARES is designed to support budgeted government intervention at the state level, while targeting existing and newly vulnerable and poor households.
“It will also support the Agricultural value chains, micro, small and medium enterprises that were affected by the economic crisis, as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
“Having said this, I would like to congratulate the good people of Bode-Saadu community for being part of history today.
“Your community is the first to kick- start the process of NG-CARES implementation with this PRA exercise.
“This feat could not have been achieved without the benevolence of Gov. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, who released the sum of N76 million to NG-CARES, to commence the project in the state, even before its official effectiveness.” Haruna said.
She therefore thanked Gov. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, for his commitment to poverty alleviation in the state.
In his remarks, the District Head of Bode Saadu, Alhaji Aliu Sulu-Gambari, thanked Governor AbdulRahman for his love for the people of the state, particularly Bode Saadu community.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate