The remains of late Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in Kwara State, Tunde Ashaolu, was on Friday, committed to mother earth.
Ashaolu, who died on February 27, 2022 at the age of 47, was buried in his hometown of Odo-Owa in Oke-Ero local government area of Kwara State. He is survived by wife, father, and siblings.
In his sermon, the Diocesan Bishop of St. Paul’s Anglican Church, Odo-Owa, Thert. Reverend Olusola Ajayi who officiated the funeral service, said although the late Ashaolu died at a young age, he lived a fulfilled and exemplary life worthy of emulation.
While emphasising the certainty of death for all humans, the officiating minister urged the congregants to rededicate themselves to the service of God and humanity, noting that this is the essence of life.
He admonished government at all levels to be conscious of the hardship and hunger in the land and do everything possible to alleviate the suffering of the vulnerable members of the society.
The priest appreciated the President of the 8th Senate, Dr Abubakar Bukola Saraki and the entire Kwara PDP family for their support to the family of the deceased politician.
The burial was attended by family members, relatives, friends, business and political associates including former Kwara South Senator, Rafiu Ibrahim, former Minister of Sports and Youth development, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi, former Nigerian Ambassador to Japan, Prof. Muhammed Yisa Gana and immediate past chairman of Kwara PDP, Hon. Engr Kola Shittu.
Other prominent personalities who witnessed the funeral service were former House of Representative Members: Hon. Gbenga Makanjuola, Hon. Zakari Mohammed, Special Advisers to Dr Abubakar Bukola Saraki: Alhaji Yusuph Olaniyonun, Hon. Akintoba Fatigun. Also present were Special Advisers to the former Kwara State Governor, Hon. Otunba Anu Ibiwoye, and former Kwara State Commissioners: Hon. Demola Banu, Hon. Muideen Alalade, and Alhaji Musa Abdullahi.
The State chairmen of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP and All Progressive Congress, APC, in Kwara State, Rt Hon. Babatunde Muhammed and Prince Sunday Fagbemi respectively were also in attendance as well as Otunba Adetunji Oyebambi.
Hajia Sarat Adebayo, Hon. Sidikatu Anako, Hon. Chief Mrs Ebun Owolabi and Chief Magret Abegunde led other Kwara PDP women to pay their last respect to the late Tunde Ashaolu.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud