For allegedly raping an 18-year-old girl, Taofeek Olaiya, 33, on Wednesday appeared before an Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court, Lagos.
The accused, a factory worker who resides at Ijaiye, Ojokooro area, Lagos suburb is facing a one-count charge of rape.
The prosecutor, Insp. Simeon Inuoha, told the court that the offence was committed on Nov. 23 at the accused residence.
Inuoha said that the accused invited the girl to his house under the pretence of securing a job for her.
“The accused called the victim on phone and told her that he had secure a job for her, he asked her to come to his house to get the details.
“But on getting to his house, the accused shut the door at her and raped her,’’ he said.
The offence contravened Section 259 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
The accused, however, pleaded not guilty.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs B. O Osunsanmi, granted the accused N300,000 bail with two sureties in like sum.
Osunsanmi later adjourned the case to Jan. 18 for mention.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note