The former governor of Delta State, Mr. James Ibori, has reportedly been released from the UK prison where he has spent four years and eight months.
Ibori, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, was accused in February 2012 of stealing $250m from the Delta State public purse.
Ibori, who was governor of of the state between 1999 and 2007, admitted to fraud totalling nearly £50m.
He was jailed on Tuesday, April 17, 2012, for 13 years by the Southwark Crown Court after pleading guilty to ten counts of money laundering and conspiracy to defraud.
- 12yrs of exit: Remembering Alh. S.A. Arowona everyday with prayers
- 52 new Pharmacists emerged at UNILORIN
- Reps reject Naira swap extension, threatens Emefiele’s arrest
- UNILORIN: Female varsity don performs first cancer-of-the-eye treatment
- Fuel scarcity bites harder in Dutse as litre hits N340
- New Notes: We will monitor banks’ vaults– CBN
- Rail transport system coming to Ebonyi soon– Umahi
- Art Legendary, Oladejo Akinlonu dies at 60
- Dogara takes over today as new NYSC DG
- IsDB, UNCTAD, unite over sustainable investment