An Ado-Ekiti Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday ordered the remand of a
security man, Oluwatuyi Alake, 45, in prison custody over alleged
murder of his concubine.
The presiding magistrate, Omolola Akosile, who gave the order that the accused be remanded in the prison custody, then adjourned further hearing in the case to Dec.15.
Earlier, the prosecutor, Sgt. Monica Ikebuilo, had told the court that the defendant committed the crime on Oct. 30 at Ojuoro Street, Stadium Road, in Ijero-Ekiti, Ekiti.
She alleged that the accused on the said date, had sexual intercourse with the deceased which left her unconscious and led to her death.
She also alleged that “the defendant dumped the body of the deceased in the bush to cover up his deed.”
The prosecutor said that the offence contravened Section 319 of the Criminal Code, Cap C 16, Laws of Ekiti State, 2012.
Ikebuilo told the court that she had duplicated the case file and sent it to the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPPs) for legal advice.
The plea of the accused was not taken as his counsel, Mr Busuyi
Ayorinde, sought a short adjournment date pending the outcome of the legal advice from the DPPs.
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78
- EFCC secures 3,328 convictions in 11 months – Chairman
- Buhari condoles with family of Gospel Musician, Sammie Okposo