An Ado-Ekiti Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday ordered the remand of a
security man, Oluwatuyi Alake, 45, in prison custody over alleged
murder of his concubine.
The presiding magistrate, Omolola Akosile, who gave the order that the accused be remanded in the prison custody, then adjourned further hearing in the case to Dec.15.
Earlier, the prosecutor, Sgt. Monica Ikebuilo, had told the court that the defendant committed the crime on Oct. 30 at Ojuoro Street, Stadium Road, in Ijero-Ekiti, Ekiti.
She alleged that the accused on the said date, had sexual intercourse with the deceased which left her unconscious and led to her death.
She also alleged that “the defendant dumped the body of the deceased in the bush to cover up his deed.”
The prosecutor said that the offence contravened Section 319 of the Criminal Code, Cap C 16, Laws of Ekiti State, 2012.
Ikebuilo told the court that she had duplicated the case file and sent it to the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPPs) for legal advice.
The plea of the accused was not taken as his counsel, Mr Busuyi
Ayorinde, sought a short adjournment date pending the outcome of the legal advice from the DPPs.
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children