Boko Haram insurgents have killed yet another top Nigerian Army commander B.U. Umar, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
Army sources said the Lieutenant Colonel and commanding officer of 114 TF battalion of the Nigerian Army was ambushed on Monday, November 14 morning and killed between Bita and Piridang.
“His vehicle stepped on an improvised explosive device, but he was not hurt,” a source told PREMIUM TIMES. “He came out to assess the damage on the vehicle and Boko Haram opened fire and killed him in the process.”
- Why there is hunger, poverty in Bauchi State— Ex-CAS, Sadique
- 12yrs of exit: Remembering Alh. S.A. Arowona everyday with prayers
- 52 new Pharmacists emerged at UNILORIN
- Reps reject Naira swap extension, threatens Emefiele’s arrest
- UNILORIN: Female varsity don performs first cancer-of-the-eye treatment
- Fuel scarcity bites harder in Dutse as litre hits N340
- New Notes: We will monitor banks’ vaults– CBN
- Rail transport system coming to Ebonyi soon– Umahi
- Art Legendary, Oladejo Akinlonu dies at 60
- Dogara takes over today as new NYSC DG