The former National Security Adviser (NSA), Sambo Dasuki, will not be attending his father’s burial which is billed to take place in Sokoto later today, by 2pm.
Dasuki is currently in a detention facility owned by the Department of State Services (DSS) over an allegation of corruption.
The late Ibrahim Dasuki The late Ibrahim Dasuki For nearly a year now, he had been held concerning a scandalous $2.2 billion supposedly meant for the purchase of arms to prosecute the war against insurgency but which was reportedly distributed among top politicians.
He was arrested on December 1, 2015 and has remained in detention despite the various bails granted him by the courts as well as the ECOWAS Court.
His father, the deposed Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Ibrahim Dasuki, died on Monday, November 14, in Abuja at the age of 93.
He would be buried after the 2 pm afternoon prayers at the Hubbaren Shehu Usman Dan Fodio site in Sokoto state.
Meanwhile, some Nigerians have expressed belief that Sambo Dasuki is facing the same predicament suffered by President Muhammadu Buhari as a military leader.
Buhari was arrested as a military leader by Sambo Dasuki. He was thereafter detained for years and not allowed any chance to pay his last respect to his mother that died.
Today, Buhari is an elected president while Sambo Dasuki is in detention and would not be attending his father’s burial too.
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74