The Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has reiterated commitment of the present administration under President Muhammadu Buhari to tackling national security challenges.
Magashi stated this in his opening remark as special guest of honour at the National Defence College (NDC) Security Seminar held in Abuja on Tuesday.
He said national security is key to the growth of nations and regional stability, according to a statement issued by the Special Assistant to the Minister of Defence on Media and Publicity, Mohammed AbdulKadri.
The Defence Minister said the upsurge in the dynamic criminal activities of the Non- state actors make the theme of the seminar: “Emerging Security Threats in West Africa: Implications for Regional Security and Stability” very relevant, timely and appropriate.
The Special guest of honour expressed concern with the rise in violent conflicts in West africa which he blamed on youth bulge and rising unemployment that are fueling terrorists activities in Nigeria and in the Sub-region.
While Commending the Commandant National Defence College, Rear Admiral MM Bashir and his management team for the giant strides recorded by the institution, he assured them of the support of the Ministry of Defence at all times under his watch.
In his remark the Chief of Defence Staff, General Leo Irabor thanked the Management of the NDC for organising the seminar aimed at proffering workable solutions to national and regional threats to peace and stability.
The Commandant National Defence College Rear Admiral MM Bashir had earlier set the tone for the Lecture which he said will interrogate myriad of coups in Burkina Faso, Guinea and Mali as well as security challenges facing the sub – region and Nigeria.
Rear Admiral Bashir assured that the findings and recommendations at the end of the seminar will be transmitted to the appropriate authorities for considerations.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community