Henry Iyorkase, Makurdi.
Nigeria Labour Congress on the directives of the National Secretariat has commence total strike in Benue State.
The NLC Benue Chapter led by Comrade Terugwa Igbe while speaking on Wednesday in Makurdi, Benue state capital city.
He explained even private sector also joined the agitations as well as financial institutions operating in the State.
“Comrade Igbe further stressed all the civil servants with relevant ministries offices were under locked and padlock in respective entrants”
State NLc leader also revealed that part of the condition to suspend the strike includes Governor Hope uzodinma to tender public apology on National Television who allegedly masterminded the beating of the National president NLC. Joe Ajaero
Besides these reinstament of the former workers of Imo on whose behalf the National leader visited to intervened in their matter.
Emphasising the arrest and prosecution of the aide to Imo Governor and a police officer involved in manhandling and surroundereg NLC president to some thugs who mercilessly beat him to a state of pulp.
According to him, these are our request insisting this matter is a National issue as Nigerian police allegedly spearhead stressing the condition must be met before calling off the down tools.
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*
- Meet Prince Fahad Okechukwu Emetumah, a Lawyer turned Musician
- Only security can guarantee peace, economic growth –Minister
- UNSCR 2250: FG, groups seek support for lasting peace among youths
- FG, Foreign Football Agents, Others Partner Obasa Cup
- Senators donate N1m each to victims of Kaduna drone misfire
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector