Idris Abdullahi, the Chairman of Kwara’s Football Association (FA), on Wednesday in Ilorin said the 2020 edition of the Ogunjobi Gold Cup Football Competition would hold without spectators.
Abdullahi, in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media, Bolaji Lawal, said the FA was leaving no stone unturned to ensure maximum compliance with COVID-19 guidelines on football activities.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the guidelines were provided by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) as directed by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).
“Only the competing teams alongside game officials, stakeholders and a small portion of the media will be given access to the stadium on match days.
“Also, no gate-takings or any form of gaining entry inside the stadium will be allowed,’’ Abdullahi said.
He pleaded with football enthusiasts to show some understanding, and urged football enthusiasts to cooperate with the FA as usual, saying the association was working tenaciously to restore normalcy.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92