“No serious leader will go on rest” — Peter Obi
Peter Obi of the Labour Party said no serious leader would go on a rest (vacation) in Nigeria.
Obi, the presidential candidate of LP during the February 25 election, disclosed this on Monday when he paid the Muslim community in Akwa Central Mosque an Eid-el-fitr visit.
He urged that Nigerians should not be divided based on religion or politics.
He said: “People who want to rest can go and relax. I am not resting because I have to visit schools and hospitals and interact with people.
“No serious leader will go and rest in Nigeria. We will continue to visit as many people as possible and support them as best we can”.
Recall that the President-elect Bola Ahmed Tinubu returned to Nigeria on Monday after his over one Month vacation in Europe.
Meanwhile, Tinubu, in his speech after his return, said he was ready to kick the ground running.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- NGF: Tinubu congratulates Gov. AbdulRazaq, Uzodinma
- Alleged N4bn: EFCC drills Ex-Gov. Kayode Fayemi in Ilorin
- I never indicated interest to be 10th Assembly’s Senate President— Lawan
- Insecurity: Tinubu gives Service Chiefs Matching Order
- Breaking…..CBN debunks rumour on alleged Naira devaluation
- Folashade Tinubu adds ‘First Daughter of FRN’ to her Twitter bio
- INEC rejects certified true copies of documents tendered by Atiku, PDP
- CBN devalues Naira to 630 per dollar
- Hajj 2023: Again, MAX Air makes another emergency landing in Kano
- How MDAs abused N3.8trn Service Wide Vote, by Senate