By Nanchang Paul ,Jos
Northern Governors Forum has expressed deep sorrow and fury over the barbaric attack on a train along Kaduna-Abuja route by terrorists where some were passengers were killed, injured or kidnapped, describing the act as horrifying and totalling reprehensible.
Chairman of the Forum and Governor of Plateau State Simon Bako Lalong while responding to the sad development, said the entire Governors and people of the region as well as other Nigerians are distressed over the unfortunate attack on innocent commuters by terrorists who have demonstrated total disregard for human lives and compassion.
The statement was signed by Simon Macham
Director of Press and Public Affairs to the Governor of Plateau State and Chairman, Northern Governors Forum .
He said while the Forum sympathises with the families of those killed as well was those kidnapped or injured, it condemns the terrorist act in totality and commends the armed forces for their quick intervention which prevented further escalation of the incident.
The Northern Governors therefore encourages the security forces to intensify their search and rescue efforts in ensuring that those kidnapped are released without further delay and the fleeing terrorists are arrested and brought to justice.
Governor Lalong said the Forum is working with the Federal Government and Governor Nasir Elrufai of Kaduna State to ensure that this incident and other recent terrorist attacks on communities in the State are dealt with decisively.
He called for the support and collaboration of citizens by volunteering relevant information about criminal elements throughout the region and the country, as well as supporting the armed forces to carry out their mandate of security lives and properties effectively.
Lalong said more investments are being made into the security sector by State Governments within the region as part of the collaboration with the Federal Government to boost the capacity of the security forces to be on top of the situation.
He also appreciates the compassion demonstrated by Nigerians who have come forward to donate blood to victims currently undergoing medical care in various health facilities.
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people
- Kwara Govt approves scholarship for Law students
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year