Obi visits Zaria, pledges to fight joblessness through skillful labour (Photos)
Peter Obi, Presidential Candidate of Labour Party, has pledged to mitigate unemployment rate among youths through provision of skillful labour if elected president of Nigeria.
Obi stated this when he led his Vice, Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed on a courtesy visit to the Emir of Zazzau, Ahmed Bamalli, in Zaria on Monday.
The presidential candidate also pledged to harness huge potentials of the north’s fertile land through better agricultural policies.
He assured Nigerians that one of his priorities would be the provision of all needed support to revive agricultural potentials for self employment.
Obi also pledged to revive industrial outfits that had been deliberately collapsed in Kaduna and Kano as the commercial nerve centres of the north.
He frowned at divisive politics engaged by some politicians, stressing that time had come when Nigerians would no longer be deceived to vote along ethnic, sectional and religious lines.
Earlier, Vice presidential candidate, Sen.Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed, said the visit was a home coming as he was an illustrious son of Zaria.
Baba Ahmed enjoined electorate to massively vote for the party to shift Nigeria from consumption to productive nation.
Ibrahim-Sidi Bamalli, LP Senatorial Candidate, denied reports attributed to a legislative candidate in Kano State that candidates contesting for National Assembly in North West Zone had defected from the Labour Party.
Bamalli said the purported report was not only false but baseless and misleading.
Responding, the Emir of Zazzau, Mallam Ahmed Bamalli, tasked politicians to play the game according to the rule.
He urged them to sensitise their supporters to the need for peaceful and hitch-free conduct of 2023 election.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- ICPC arraigns ex-JAMB’s Ojerinde, 4 children over alleged fraud
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG