The State Commissioner for Information, Mr Charles Aniagwu, disclosed this in a statement in Asaba.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Aniagwu at a press briefing on Friday hinted that the state government commits over N1.1 billion monthly to settle pension matters in the state.
The Commissioner also said that the state government was planing to release N10 billion to defray pension arrears, particularly for the Local Government Councils workers in the state.
On the approval of the release of the N5 billion, the commissioner said that the sum of N2.5 billion would be deployed to payment of the state retirees pension arrears.
He said the remaining N2.5 billion was released as grant to Local Government Pensions Bureau for the payment of Local Government and primary school retirees.
Aniagwu said that the gesture was part of the government efforts to ameliorate the plight of the affected senior citizens in the state.
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt