Kebbi youths under the aegis of North West Support of Good Governance in four Emirates consisting of Gwandu, Yauri, Argungu and Zuru in Kebbi State have promised to remove old lawmakers in 2023.
Comrade Fatihu Raha, the national chairman of the non-governmental organizations in charge of Northwest, made this known while speaking with journalists in Brinin Kebbi after meeting with stakeholders of the support members of the movement.
He said the support group with presence in 186 local government areas, 2004 wards and 11 committees under the zone would visit all the areas and communities under the zone to mobilize and sensitize the youths’ support group’s activities.
He criticized the situation in past elections where the old government officials used youths and dumped them, noting like that this time around such would never happen again.
“Youths are fond of supporting older people in contesting various political offices in state, national and other political offices,” he said.
“But’ in 2023, our support movement will mobilize and brainstorm our youths to resist any support from any old politician to get political office or appointment by the government.
“We are also ready now to place our teeming youths to contest for any post alongside old people to get elected so that the youths can claim all post or position in the country, Comrade Fatihu said.
“Also, youths would not bother about where a candidate comes from; as far as the person is qualified on merit, the youths across the zone will vote for him.”
He urges all and sundry to show concern and support the group to bring change in political scenery in Kebbi state.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign