Kebbi youths under the aegis of North West Support of Good Governance in four Emirates consisting of Gwandu, Yauri, Argungu and Zuru in Kebbi State have promised to remove old lawmakers in 2023.
Comrade Fatihu Raha, the national chairman of the non-governmental organizations in charge of Northwest, made this known while speaking with journalists in Brinin Kebbi after meeting with stakeholders of the support members of the movement.
He said the support group with presence in 186 local government areas, 2004 wards and 11 committees under the zone would visit all the areas and communities under the zone to mobilize and sensitize the youths’ support group’s activities.
He criticized the situation in past elections where the old government officials used youths and dumped them, noting like that this time around such would never happen again.
“Youths are fond of supporting older people in contesting various political offices in state, national and other political offices,” he said.
“But’ in 2023, our support movement will mobilize and brainstorm our youths to resist any support from any old politician to get political office or appointment by the government.
“We are also ready now to place our teeming youths to contest for any post alongside old people to get elected so that the youths can claim all post or position in the country, Comrade Fatihu said.
“Also, youths would not bother about where a candidate comes from; as far as the person is qualified on merit, the youths across the zone will vote for him.”
He urges all and sundry to show concern and support the group to bring change in political scenery in Kebbi state.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes