Continuous insecurity in the country has led Kano State Government to close Bagauda Technical College, located along Kano-Jos Road, after a negative security report.
This was announced by the Public Relations Officer, Kano State Ministry of Education, Mr Aliyu Yusuf.
Yusuf explained that the College’s closure in Bebeji Local Government Area was announced by the Commissioner of Education, Malam Sanusi Sa’id-Kiru.
READ ALSO: Fire claims lives of family of 2 in Kano
With the present chaos in the country, college closure was necessary following a disturbing report, as it becomes imperative to protect the lives of the students, teachers and other staff members of the college.
“Therefore, I urge parents to immediately evacuate their children from the school and wait till further notice,” he said.
Yusuf, however, noted that the commissioner expressed the state government’s appreciation to all parents and guardians for their support and cooperation to its policies and directives, most especially on insecurity matters Nigeria are facing.
- TEMPORARY BAN ON PROTEST, RALLIES AND UNLAWFUL PROCESSIONS IN KWARA
- Opinion….THE ESSENTIALS OF GBENGA POWER (1)
- 35 Muslim Personalities, Groups Set To Bag IMAN’s Awards
- New currency: NASS, INEC admit threat to general elections
- Tinubu hails Nigerian Governors over Supreme Court ruling on CBN Naira Swap policy
- Election will hold as scheduled– INEC Chairman briefs FEC
- Bank workers threaten nationwide shutdown over attacks
- Old naira extension: Tinubu hails govs over Supreme Court ruling
- Governors beg Buhari to extend naira swap deadline
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling