President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday said there was no truth in reports suggesting that he and the leadership of the All Progressives Congress were at loggerheads with a national leader of the party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.
In a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the President described the reports as “unfounded and mischievous.”
Shehu said the President who, according to him, was highly embarrassed by such reports was in regular contact with Tinubu before, during and after the recent Ondo State governorship election.
He said any suggestions that the President and the party machinery were working to destroy Tinubu had no foundation in truth or any credibility.
The presidential spokesman added that the President was impressed by Tinubu’s assurance not to work against the party in Ondo and he honoured his words.
He said Buhari regarded Tinubu as a priceless political asset to the party whose immeasurable contributions to the development and progress of the ruling party were known to all.
He advised those he called rumour-mongers to stop spreading the seeds of discord and animosity between the President and Tinubu or the party, adding that the President “is proud of the Jagaban and his pivotal role in the party.”
The statement partly read, “President Buhari commended Tinubu’s spirit of comradeship in promptly congratulating Rotimi Akeredolu who was elected governor.
“The President also noted that at a time his administration is preoccupied with governance issues, rumours of divisions and alleged scheming within the party are counterproductive to internal unity and cohesion in APC.
“He appealed to the APC members and supporters to ignore rumours that could harm party unity.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal