Peter Obi reacts to ‘yes daddy’ audio with Oyedepo
The 2023 Labour Party, LP, presidential candidate, Peter Obi has opened up on his controversial leaked conversation with Bishop David Oyedepo of the Living Faith Church.
Obi said begging Oyedepo was better than asking his followers to snatch and steal ballot boxes during the election.
In the leaked phone conversation, Obi had begged Oyedepo to compel his members and Christians in the Southwest to vote for him during the last presidential election.
Obi described the 2023 presidential election as a “religious war,” hence Oyedepo should help convince Christians to support him.
The leaked conversation by the LP’s flagbearer had caused a lot of controversy in the country, as many described Obi as a religious bigot.
However, speaking on Arise Television, Obi said: “Let’s assume I even begged the Bishop to tell his congregation to vote for me so as to save Nigeria. Is it not better than telling my followers to snatch it, steal it, and run away with it?”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje