The Kwara State Police Command has confirmed the abduction of one Kola Sikiru Bosere, a businessman involved in the charcoal business and his assistant, known as Philemon by unknown gunmen.
The incident occurred at the early hours of Monday in Jebba community, Moro local government area of Kwara state.
Police Public Relations Officer, Kwara state police command, SP Okasanmi Ajayi, who confirmed the incident added that the police have since launched a search and rescue operation.
He said: “A case of kidnapping was received early this morning, one victim already rescued while efforts are ongoing to rescue the remaining victim and possibly arrest the kidnappers” he stated in a statement on Monday.
ROYAL NEWS learnt that the suspected kidnappers reportedly invaded Sikiru’s residence at the Labour Camp area of Jebba as he was planning to retire to bed at about midnight.
Sikiru, who exports charcoal to other countries, was taken away by the gunmen along with his assistant Mr. Philemon.
Philemon was later released while Sikiru’s whereabouts have remained unknown.
“The gunmen forcefully broke the main door of his house and went straight to his bedroom and took him away while he was preparing to sleep. His aide who was also around was whisked away but was later released to go. “said a neighbour in the area who craved anonymity.
Further checks revealed that Philemon is currently hospitalized at a private health facility in Jebba.
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death
- Breaking….Former Reps member, Yahaya ‘Bulldozer’ is dead
- Court convicts self-acclaimed monarch, ‘Oba Dosunmu’ to 6months jailterm
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Ghali Alaaya over NNPCL’s appointment
- Reps Probe EFCC Over Failed Attempts To Rearrest Emefiele From Prison
- NYSC swears in 2,150 corps members in Kwara
- Ex-Rep member, Alajagusi is dead, Kwara Gov. mourns
- Press Week: All men and women must read this story
- Emir Sulu-Gambari mourns over demise of Sheikh Sha’aban and Baba Buhari
- Kwara Governor Mourns Late Scholar, Muyideen Sha’aban