Read what Oshiomole says about APC after Saraki’s defection
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, says the party has become stronger and more cohesive since Bukola Saraki and others defected to the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP).
He said on Thursday in Abuja at the party’s 6th National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting, that Saraki and others who left the APC were migrant politicians who had no political address.
He said: “Our party is stronger, smarter, more cohesive and there is no better evidence than the fact that we have won all the major elections after they left the party.
“We have seen people who go back to their communities to decamp and we see uncommon defectors.”
He, however, noted that while the party leadership made efforts to reconcile genuine aggrieved members, some of those who defected to opposition political parties were determined to leave.
According to Oshiomhole, such persons left the party to pursue their personal ambition which they believed they cannot realise in the APC. He noted that, “Though they were not denied the opportunity to try out that ambition, they arrived at the conclusion that the only way they can realise their ambitions was to relocate and they relocated.
“Of course, for a distant observer, he would think that this was a huge blow to our party,” he noted.
Oshiomhole said those who defected from the APC had no political address, because they kept moving from one party to another every season for the purpose of contesting elections.
He further said that such politicians were migrant politicians whose political addresses could not be identified, restating that he would never lose sleep over them.
The APC national chairman stressed that the party’s change agenda meant a move from a political order that services only the political elite at the expense of the poor.
He added that since the change would not allow business as usual, the conservatives had to leave on their own.
According to him, “the party has done a lot to reconcile aggrieved members and will continue doing so to ensure peace and unity in all its chapters.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Nigeria to launch two more satellites into space soon – Defence Agency
- NSCDC arrests 9 over alleged meter bypass in Osun
- INEC issues Certificate of Return to Zamfara gov-elect, deputy
- Osun Govt explains delay of civil servants’ March salaries
- Singer “Portable” cooling feet in police custody
- Interim Govt: DSS raising fake alarm, ploy to arrest opposition– Atiku
- Yul Edochie reports son’s death to Police for investigation
- Election: Nigerians in USA get permission to hold protest opposite White House
- Github fires its entire India engineering team, over 140 employees
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)