A renown Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmed Lemu’s eldest child, Abubakar Shehu Lemu, is dead.
Lemu, a retired director in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs passed on following a protracted illness.
President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed sadness over the death over his demise.
In his condolence message, Buhari said he deeply felt the family’s pains, adding: “I know what you must be feeling having lost the most senior of your children.”
The president also condoled with the entire people of Niger State, while praying God to ease the pain of the Lemu family and grant mercy to the deceased.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner