Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan, popularly known as Mama Taraba is dead, sources confirmed to The PUNCH on Friday.
She died at 61 in Cairo, Egypt.
“Mama (Al-Hassan) died in a hospital today in Cairo. We will miss her,” a former aide to Al-Hassan, who pleaded anonymity, said on the telephone.
Officials of the Peoples Democratic Party in Taraba State also confirmed her death to one of our correspondents.
Al-Hassan is a former Minister of Women Affairs and a former Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria from Taraba North Senatorial District.
- Flooding: Wurukum Traders appeal to Gov over N2bn properties loss
- Kwara Police gets first female spokesperson, DSP Ejire-Adeyemi Adetoun
- Nigeria committed to end terrorism, maintenance of peace –Gaidam
- Kwara Govt. Kicks Against Street Begging
- (PHOTOS) Medical Laboratory Council Inducts KWASU’s 46 Newly Qualified Graduates
- 12 feared dead in ghastly auto crash in Kwara
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s media aide, Rafiu Ajakaye warns against sensational reporting
- COAS visits Benue, pledges more military interventions in crises ridden areas
- Engr. Yunusa Yahaya’s death, a monumental loss to humanity— Emir of Okuta
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death