Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan, popularly known as Mama Taraba is dead, sources confirmed to The PUNCH on Friday.
She died at 61 in Cairo, Egypt.
“Mama (Al-Hassan) died in a hospital today in Cairo. We will miss her,” a former aide to Al-Hassan, who pleaded anonymity, said on the telephone.
Officials of the Peoples Democratic Party in Taraba State also confirmed her death to one of our correspondents.
Al-Hassan is a former Minister of Women Affairs and a former Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria from Taraba North Senatorial District.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections