Saraki said as a former Senate President and two-term governor of Kwara, he had what it takes to unite the country.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Saraki is one of the PDP presidential aspirants seeking the party’s ticket for the 2023 presidential election.
Saraki said that Nigerians needed an experienced person that could bring progress for emancipation of the people of the country.
The presidential aspirant, who noted that he was always for the interest and progress of the entire country, said that
the unity of Christians and Muslims would also be given priority, for the country to be a united nation.
He said, “Let’s find president that will bring investment to the country.
“As a former Senate President as well as two terms governor of Kwara State, I have the needed experience to take the country to the greater heights, therefore, give me your votes.
“If Nigerians want a president, I think I am the most qualified because of my experience in the private sector and at the national assembly, as well as two terms governor, during which I performed well by bringing in investments to the state and the country”.
Saraki urged the delegates to see him as the only capable hand that could bring Nigeria and Nigerians out of the present predicament the nation was facing.
On the July 16 gubernatorial election in the state, Saraki appealed to PDP delegates to ensure victory for Sen. Ademola Adeleke, the party’s candidate.
“Osun is my home and we have been in the battle for governorship for a very long time.
“This is Ademola Adeleke’s time, let’s vote for him,” he said.
He, however, admonished the people of the state to work assiduously for the victory of the party, both at the state and at the national level, for the benefits of the party.(NAN)
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus