A 31-year-old software engineer, David Akeni, on Monday appeared in an Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court for allegedly defrauding a teacher of N280, 000
The police charged the defendant, whose residential address was not given, with two counts of theft and cheating.
He pleaded not guilty.
The Police Prosecutor, Insp. Lucky Ihiehie alleged the defendant fraudulently converted N280, 000, belonging to the complainant, Mr Bright Amuwah and his teachers to his personal.
Ihiehie told the court that the defendant committed the on May 23 at 2 p. m. at No. 36 Ijesha St., Ayobo, a Lagos suburb, failed to pay for an online tutorial class rendered to him.
He said that efforts made to collect the money from the defendant failed.
The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of sections 287 and 323 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State.
Chief Magistrate Yemisi Raji admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N20, 000 with one surety in like sum.
Raji ordered that the surety must be gainfully employed and must produce evidence of two years’ tax payment to the Lagos Government.
She adjourned the case until Oct. 26 for mention.
Contact: [email protected]
- Harry Akande dies at 77
- N100m not paid as ransom to secure release of Chinese — Association
- 18 dead after carbon monoxide leak in China coal mine – Report
- PWDs: CCD urges MDAs in Lagos State to fully implement disability laws
- Air Peace receives another aircraft from C-Check maintenance – Official
- Peace talks: Afghan national reconciliation council holds first meeting
- Ghanaians confident of peaceful general elections
- Ejike Oji wants state govts. to key into FP programmes, develop plan
- Indian minister tests positive after getting COVID-19 vaccine trial dose
- Enugu by-election commences hitch-free, peacefully
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)