The Sultan of Sokoto and President-General Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, (NSCIA), Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar III, has arrived Ilorin, the Kwara State capital together with a popular international Islamic scholar, Dr. Zakir Niek.
The Sultan who was in Ilorin as part of activities marking the 10th annual Usmanu Danfodiyo week was received at the Gen. Tunde Idiagbon International Airport by the Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, at exactly 11:40am.
On arrival at the ancient palace of Ilorin, Sultan Abubakar commissioned a multi-millionaira Sultan Sa’ad Abubakar III Villa, being the designated official residence of the Sultan of Sokoto inside the Emir’s Palace.
The mansion was carefully constructed for 20 years by the Emir of Ilorin with his personal funds, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Other residence within the ancient palace of Ilorin are; Abdullahi Gwandu Villa, Shehu Aliyu II Hall, Shehu Shitta Hall, among others.
Facebook Comments Box
- Private sector impressed as Gov AbdulRazaq declares open 10th Kwara Trade Fair
- Emefiele’s Naira redesign ran farmers bankrupt – FG
- Let’s use media to fight drug, internet fraud- Akogun
- UNILORIN Don canvasses creation of National Examination Malpractices Board
- UNILORIN emerges 9th in global ranking for Int’l students
- Kwara garment factory will be largest in West Africa at full capacity–MD
- WRITERS MOURN DEATH OF VETERAN POET, ỌLÁŃREWAJÚ ADÉPOJÙ
- Powerful Nigerian poet and author, Olarewaju Adepoju dies at 83
- Veteran NTA news caster, Aisha Bello Mustapha is dead
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*