A statement by its General Manager, Public Affairs, Ndidi Mba on Sunday disclosed that the transformer which was installed by TCN in-house engineers was energized at about 13.05pm on the 2nd of March 2022.
“With the new 60MVA power transformer, the substation capacity to supply bulk electricity to Ikeja Electricity Distribution company has increased by 30MVA. This is because TCN has decommissioned an old 30MVA transformer within the substation, which will be serviced and moved to other areas within its network that has a history of minimal electricity demand.
“This substation capacity upgrade will ensure that more power is made available for IKEDC to take to its franchise areas within Ijeda LCDA and Ikorodu Local Government area axis”.
Recall that power generation dropped recently by 1,320MW at the substation following a fire incident in February at the facility, acclaimed as that largest power plant in Africa.
The fire outbreak was successfully put off by the Egbin team of fire fighters in collaboration with fire fighters of the Nigeria Gas Company. The incident however left a significant damage to fire hardware culminating in a significant drop in it’s fire generation capacity.
- DMO issues 2 FGN savings bonds at N1,000 per unit
- Adamawa Govt. increases 2023 budget to N175bn
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house