The incident, which was said to have happened early on Friday, threw residents of the area into panic, leaving several questions on the lips of many.
According to Amiloaded, a news blog, the victims, one Kehinde Fasanya – an employee of Obokun Local Government Area, and a yet to be identified young man, died shortly after the meal while others, who also ate the same food, were rushed to the hospital where doctors had been trying to save their lives.
Initially rushed to a health facility in Osogbo, the state capital, where they were rejected, those affected were eventually taken to another hospital for treatment.
Reacting to the issue, the Commissioner for Health in the state, Dr. Rafiu Isamotu, said measures had been taken to ascertain the true state of things while urging members of the public to remain calm as the situation would be brought under control.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption