Two die after allegedly eating yam flour in Osun
Two people have died in the Obokun Local Government Area of Osun State after allegedly eating a local delicacy popularly known as ‘amala’.
The incident, which was said to have happened early on Friday, threw residents of the area into panic, leaving several questions on the lips of many.
According to Amiloaded, a news blog, the victims, one Kehinde Fasanya – an employee of Obokun Local Government Area, and a yet to be identified young man, died shortly after the meal while others, who also ate the same food, were rushed to the hospital where doctors had been trying to save their lives.
Initially rushed to a health facility in Osogbo, the state capital, where they were rejected, those affected were eventually taken to another hospital for treatment.
Reacting to the issue, the Commissioner for Health in the state, Dr. Rafiu Isamotu, said measures had been taken to ascertain the true state of things while urging members of the public to remain calm as the situation would be brought under control.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike
- Kwara Gov meets labour leaders on fuel subsidy removal
- Fuel subsidy: Kwara govt. reduces workdays for civil servants
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic announces retirement from football
- NYSC presents court with documents to prove certificate forgery by Peter Mbah
- Reactions trail ‘drop’ in cooking gas price
- Professionalism and Patriotism: Toun Okewale’s achievements speak loudly
- About 490,000 Job Opportunities Awaiting Nigerians Here—NDPB
- Subsidy: Electricity workers to embark on nationwide strike
- Return missing bullet proof jeeps within 5 days– Zamfara Gov tells Matawalle