Two policemen have been killed after unknown gunmen attacked the Umuguma Divisional Police Headquarters in Owerri West Local Government Area of Imo State in the early hours of Saturday, March 19.
According to reports, the gunmen blocked the roads leading in and out of the station division, including the one close to the local government headquarters before launching an attack on the station by throwing Improvised electronic devices into the buildings.
After setting the station on fire, they waited to attack officers who ran out for safety. Two policemen simply identified as Ifeanyi and Iyke unfortunately ran into the rain of bullets.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note