Tyson Fury has confirmed Dillian Whyte will be his next British challenger, while blasting heavyweight rival Anthony Joshua and Eddie Hearn for rejecting a step-aside fight deal worth £67million.
The heavyweight boxer has been waiting in recent weeks to know who to fight next, with the WBC on Wednesday delaying purse bids for Fury’s mandatory defence against Dillian Whyte for a fourth time.
Meanwhile, Joshua was reportedly offered a step-aside deal to cancel his rematch with WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO king Oleksandr Usyk, allowing Fury to fight the Ukrainian in an undisputed clash, while AJ would get the first crack at the winner.
In a video released on Wednesday night, Fury claimed that the Joshua’s decision to snub the deal has seen him lose out on $90m (£67m).
Now, Fury has confirmed that he will take on the Body Snatcher next, in a bout believed to take place on March 26, promising to ‘annihilate’ his rival, who he labelled a ‘bum’.
‘I can’t wait to punch Dillian Whyte’s face right in mate,’ he said. ‘I’m going to give him the best hiding he’s ever had in his life boy. Dillian Whyte, train hard sucker, ‘cos you’re getting annihilated bum.’
Fury’s latest update comes after he branded AJ and his promotor, Eddie Hearn, ‘the worst businessmen in history’ after turning down a step-aside deal this week.
It was reported this week that a £15m proposal was sent Joshua’s way, while Fury mentions a $90m (£67m) figure. It remains unclear whether Fury’s valuation includes AJ’s guaranteed fee for a shot at the winner of Fury v Usyk.
‘I had to do this video, Eddie Hearn and Anthony Joshua have to be the worst two damn businessmen in history. Today they lost $90million, god damn sons of b******,’ he said on Instagram.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- FAAN inaugurates App for airport taxi
- LASU aims to become best varsity in W’Africa — VC
- Poverty not for any true child of God— RCCG Pastor
- Tinubu was never a minister, Osinbajo was commissioner when I was Speaker— Amaechi
- With your support, I will win – Tinubu tells Bauchi delegates
- Why Kano APC Delegates Should Vote Me — Amaechi
- APC Governorship aspirant resigns from party
- Court sentences 27yr-old student for illicit drug trafficking
- Breaking….. Buhari orders embattled Accountant-General’s suspension
- Deborah: Stop escalation of jungle justice across Nigeria, govt urged