Unkown gunmen abduct 4, kill policeman in Ogun
Gunmen kidnapped four workers from a Chinese company responsible for the Lagos–Ibadan Standard Railway project on Wednesday and killed a policeman in Ogun.
Mr. Abimbola Oyeyemi, head of public relations for the State Police (PPRO), confirmed the incident in a statement Thursday in Abeokuta.
Oyeyemi said the command had deployed tactical teams and was on the trail of the kidnappers.
He said, however, that police could not determine whether the gunmen were shepherds.
“It’s true, the incident happened on Wednesday. The victims are Chinese expatriates working on the construction site at the terminus of the railway around the Alaagba area, not far from Kila.
“The armed men ambushed the victims on their way and they were attacked. A policeman who escorted them was killed.
“We started the investigation since yesterday, we are on the trail of these people and I hope we will have them.
“All of our tactical teams have been deployed in this direction and we are trying to locate them.
“We believe that by the grace of God, we will get them.
“We cannot say at this time whether the kidnappers are Fulani shepherds until we can get them,” PPRO said.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- DSS confirms plot by disgruntled elements for Interim Government
- Naira gains, exchanges N461.24 against dollar
- Buhari approves appointment of 6 new Perm Secs.
- Gawuna accepts defeat, congratulates Kano Gov-elect
- Senate urges banks to resume operations in Akwa Ibom
- Man arrested for allegedly raping 9-month-old baby in Lagos
- One Judge dismissed, two others demoted in Niger state
- OYO SUBEB Monitors Unified Exams
- I won’t run from EFCC after handover — Wike
- NASS prescribes 5-yr jail term for defaulters in Fed Audit Bill