Gobir who is also the Wazirin Hausa was conferred with the title of “Bastion of Outstanding Excellence” 1st Annual Royal Public Lecture , award presentation and launching of a book titled, The Royal Stools: A Fluorescence of Traditional Rulers and Communities authored by an Ilorin based journalist, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona.
At the event, Gobir called for specific roles that is not political to be accorded to the traditional institution in the country.
Alhaji Gobir recalled the success of traditional institution system in the North prior to the arrival of colonialists to Nigeria , and maintained that there was a need to reflect on it.
He also stressed the need to accord critical attention to history , saying that a country without history is a nation that is lost.
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children