Gobir who is also the Wazirin Hausa was conferred with the title of “Bastion of Outstanding Excellence” 1st Annual Royal Public Lecture , award presentation and launching of a book titled, The Royal Stools: A Fluorescence of Traditional Rulers and Communities authored by an Ilorin based journalist, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona.
At the event, Gobir called for specific roles that is not political to be accorded to the traditional institution in the country.
Alhaji Gobir recalled the success of traditional institution system in the North prior to the arrival of colonialists to Nigeria , and maintained that there was a need to reflect on it.
He also stressed the need to accord critical attention to history , saying that a country without history is a nation that is lost.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency