By Arowona Abdulazeez
The Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Med-View Airline, Alhaji Muneer Alade Bankole says all arrangements were being put in place to commence flight operations to Saudi Arabia from Ilorin International Airport on Thursday August 3rd 2017 next week.
According to him , the airline has made available three categories of aircraft ,seven -four-seven with a capacity of four hundred and sixty passengers, 777 with a capacity of three hundred passengers and 767 with a capacity of two hundred passengers.
Alhaji Bankole, an aviation expert disclosed this in Ilorin during an interview with newsmen.
The Managing Director and CEO of the airline assured that all his airlines are available and ready for the 2017 hajj operations and commended the government and people of KWARA state for according MED-View Airline the opportunity again for airlifting pilgrims to the Holy Land.
According to him , some of the packages put in place for this year’s pilgrims is direct flight from the Ilorin International Airport to Prince Muhammed bin AbdulAziz International Airport , Medina for stress free pilgrimage while their luggages would be delivered at their hotels.
Alhaji Bankole said all these arrangements would reduce the stress pilgrims go through after arrival at the airport and later go back for their luggages .
He urged pilgrims to see their visit to the Holy land as purely spiritual and should therefore offer prayers for the leaders , the government, themselves and their families.
Speaking on the condition of the Ilorin International Airport for the operations, Alhaji Bankole said everything is been done by the airport authorities and security operatives to guide against hitches as all hands are on deck.
Alhaji Bankole appealed to authorities concerned to open the cargo terminal at the Ilorin International airport to serve as a window for all the pilgrims that will be airlifted from Kwara, Osun, EKITI and Kogi states while the cargo if functioning ,would also improve the economy and trade of the state.
He added that what is paramount to MedView Airline which operates into seventeen destinations across the world is delivery of quality services and ensuring that passengers have a clean , safe, secured security environment and an aircraft that is air worthy.
The aviation expert described the Nigeria airspace as safe as lot of improvement has been done from the aviation regulators but said there is still the need to do more to meet international standards.
Alhaji Bankole warned pilgrims against carrying any contraband into the aircraft as measures have been put in place to detect such unlawful products and advised the pilgrims to be good ambassadors of their family and the entire country.
Facebook Comments Box
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List