Super Eagles captain, Ahmed Musa, has assured Nigerians of victory against the Leone Stars of Sierra Leone, in the 2021 AFCON qualifiers to take place in Benin.
Musa told ROYAL NEWS, on Tuesday in Abuja, before flying to Benin, that the team was ready to do the nation proud.
“We are ready and we just have to do our best to win the game at home, here in Benin, before going to Sierra Leone to get another victory there.
“We know the importance of these games, if we win the two games, we have already qualified for the 2021 AFCON, so Insha Allah we are going to do just that,” he said.
Musa who sounded confident, however, stressed that the Eagles would not underrate the Leone Stars as there were no minnows again in African football.
The captain said although the Eagles did not know much about their opponent, the team would concentrate on team play to over run their West African neighbour.
Musa also assured fans in spite of the fact that he had just recently parted ways with his Saudi Arabian club (Al Nassr), that would not affect his performance, as he had been training with same team.
“Although am no longer with Al Nassr, I still train with them, so am fit and ready to give my best,” he said.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Super Eagles will take on the Leone Stars at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium, Benin on Friday, in the first of the two-legged 2021 AFCON qualifying games.
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes
- FG approves trade union for Bolt, Uber Drivers
- Election: Close down institutions, allow students vote– Reps to FG
- ICPC re-arrests former JAMB registrar Dibu Ojerinde
- Kwara Assembly approves extension of Acting Auditor-General’s tenure
- Ex-JAMB registrar opened fictitious accounts to conceal his identity– Witness