Henry Iyorkase, Makurdi.
Governor Hyacinth Alia of Benue State has dismissed with wave of hand the alleged N2.7 billion vehicles said to have been purchase which is making the rounds in some quarters of the media.
Alia, who spoke through his Chief Press Secretary, Mr .Tersoo Kula, while addressing Journalists at Trust resort Hotel on Monday in Makurdi, debunked the claims describing it as imagination of the writer adding that nothing of such ever existed.
He explained that since his principal reported on duty on 29th May 2023, “no single vehicle was bought for government’s top functionaries, therefore where did the writer got his story from.”
He further reiterated that even himself was supposed to get official vehicle including the 32 lawmakers at the state assembly as well as Commissioners and Special Advisers and other appointees.
“Recalled that when we came on board, virtually, there was nothing on the ground to began with but due to the magnimity of my boss, efforts was intensified where Internally Generated Revenue, (IGR) started coming in.
Kula also said that these are the funds that had been managed to achieved most of the achievements been recorded by the present administration.
According to him, “since the state was created in 1976, this is the most prudent governor interms of managing resources.”
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death
- Breaking….Former Reps member, Yahaya ‘Bulldozer’ is dead
- Court convicts self-acclaimed monarch, ‘Oba Dosunmu’ to 6months jailterm
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Ghali Alaaya over NNPCL’s appointment
- Reps Probe EFCC Over Failed Attempts To Rearrest Emefiele From Prison
- NYSC swears in 2,150 corps members in Kwara
- Ex-Rep member, Alajagusi is dead, Kwara Gov. mourns
- Press Week: All men and women must read this story
- Emir Sulu-Gambari mourns over demise of Sheikh Sha’aban and Baba Buhari
- Kwara Governor Mourns Late Scholar, Muyideen Sha’aban