The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission ( EFCC) Ilorin Zonal Office on Monday 23rd of December 2019 secured the conviction of one Enoch Oluyode was prosecuted on Offences bordering on internet fraud and other fraud related Offences.
Justice Mahmood Abdulgafar of a Kwara State High Court sitting in Ilorin, the State Capital convicted and sentenced Oluyode into six months imprisonment after finding him guilty of the one count amended charge levelled against him by the EFCC.
Count one of the charge reads “That you, Enoch Oluyode ( Alias; John Donnna ) sometime in October, 2019 at Ilorin within the judicial division of the Kwara State High Court, did attempt to cheat by personation, when you pretended to be one John Donnna, a white Caucasian vide Gmail account: firstname.lastname@example.org and in that guise communicated with one Colin Wison vide Hangout with Colin Wilson, a representation you knew to be false and thereby committed an offence contrary to section 95 of the Penal Code and punishable under Section 324 of the same Penal Code”
The convict had earlier pleaded not guilty during his arraignment in October but later changed his mind and entered into a plea bargain agreement with the EFCC,.
During his re-arraignment last Friday, Oluyode pleaded guilty.
Delivering Judgment on the matter, Justice Abdulgafar said the prosecution had proved its case beyond reasonable doubt.
He ordered that phone recovered from the suspect be forfeited to the Federal Government while the sentence is without an option of fine.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption