Another Nollywood actor, Samuel Alabi Oludayo Akinpelu, popularly known as Alabi Yellow, is dead.
He died early Sunday in his Ikorodu, Lagos, home at the age of 62.
Saidi Balogun confirmed the news of the Alabi Yellow’s death on a Nollywood group platform ‘Nollywood First’ on Sunday.
The deceased suffered a stroke after his wife’s death in March. A fundraiser was announced on his behalf.
A popular philanthropist and reverend, Esther Ajayi, alongside other actors rallied round to raise funds to cater for him.
The cleric who also funded Baba Suwe’s medical trip to the U.S., was said to have donated N10 million to his cause.
The news of the actor’s ill health came as a surprise because he featured in Kunle Afolayan’s latest movie, ‘Mokalik’ and did not show any signs of illness.
The film was released in May 2019.
Over four decades after his debut as a professional actor, the actor was one of the most recognisable faces in the Yoruba movie industry.
Aside from acting, he was also the author of a Yoruba literature book, ‘A Ba Oko Ku’ which has been included in the curriculum for pupils in junior secondary school.
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63
- Breaking …New Emir emerged in Dutse, Muhammadu Hameem
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget