No fewer than 10 farmers have been killed in Goza Local Government Area of Borno State, according to the lawmaker representing Goza, Damboa and Chibok federal constituency in the National Assembly, Usman Ahmed Jaha.
The lawmaker who decried the killing of 10 farmers in 10 days disclosed this on Thursday while flagging off the distribution farm inputs to farmers in his constituency.
He said farmers were being killed on a daily basis to scare them from harvest, ROYAL NEWS reports.
According to him, “Six were killed on September 9th, two slaughtered on September 16th, and two killed yesterday when I was busy condoling families of the victims before we left Goza town.
“Our farmers laboured for three to four months to clear the field and cultivate their farmland without such incidents, but suddenly, the killings started when farmers prepared to bring their farm produce home.”
The lawmaker said he chose to flag off the input distribution to encourage farmers to defy all odds and continue with their farming activities.
Speaking earlier, the Deputy Governor Umar Usman Kadafur, appreciated the lawmaker for encouraging the farmers through input distribution, while urging the beneficiaries to put them into good
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death
- Breaking….Former Reps member, Yahaya ‘Bulldozer’ is dead
- Court convicts self-acclaimed monarch, ‘Oba Dosunmu’ to 6months jailterm
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Ghali Alaaya over NNPCL’s appointment
- Reps Probe EFCC Over Failed Attempts To Rearrest Emefiele From Prison
- NYSC swears in 2,150 corps members in Kwara
- Ex-Rep member, Alajagusi is dead, Kwara Gov. mourns
- Press Week: All men and women must read this story
- Emir Sulu-Gambari mourns over demise of Sheikh Sha’aban and Baba Buhari
- Kwara Governor Mourns Late Scholar, Muyideen Sha’aban