The trio were; Patrick Abba Moro (Benue South), Gabriel Suswam (Benue North-East) and Benue Senate Caucus Leader, and Senator Orker Jev (Benue North-West).
In a statement signed by the Chief Palace Scribe, Mr. Onuminya Samuel Odoba, the federal law makers said the purpose of their homage was to assure the paramount monarch of their support for a peaceful Idoma Kingdom, as well as the development of the Idomaland and Benue State.
The former governor of the state, Suswam, who spoke on behalf of the visitors pledged that the three Senators representing the state were committed and ready to “work with HRM in order to improve the development of Idoma nation in particular and indeed Benue State as a whole”.
The Paramount Ruler, HRM Elaigwu John Odogbo, expressed his profound appreciation to the team and thanked them for their “great services to the good people of Benue State” and pledged equal support to the political leaders in “ensuring good synergy between the Idoma Area Traditional Council and government at all levels”.
The Och’Idoma V equally stressed the needs for unity of people of Benue State and proper rotation of power within the three Senatorial Districts of the state, adding that Benue South needed to be considered for governorship “in order to strengthen the unity, peace, good governance and development of our great state”.
The paramount ruler of the Idoma nation, HRM Agaba-Idu Elaigwu, was elected by king makers as the Och’Idoma V in December 2021 in Otukpo.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- FAAN inaugurates App for airport taxi
- LASU aims to become best varsity in W’Africa — VC
- Poverty not for any true child of God— RCCG Pastor
- Tinubu was never a minister, Osinbajo was commissioner when I was Speaker— Amaechi
- With your support, I will win – Tinubu tells Bauchi delegates
- Why Kano APC Delegates Should Vote Me — Amaechi
- APC Governorship aspirant resigns from party
- Court sentences 27yr-old student for illicit drug trafficking
- Breaking….. Buhari orders embattled Accountant-General’s suspension
- Deborah: Stop escalation of jungle justice across Nigeria, govt urged