The leader of Boko Haram faction, Jama’tu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’awati wal-Jihad (JAS), Abubakar Shekau, is reportedly dead.
On Thursday, Eons Intelligence reported that his demise followed an attack by the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), a splinter group.
ISWAP fighters, led by its commander, Bana Duguri, stormed the Sambisa hideout of Boko Haram.
Shekau was said to have blown himself to avoid being captured alive.
This is not the first news about the death of Shekau. If true, ISWAP will likely make an announcement in the coming days.
A source said that the Nigerian military and intelligence agencies are in touch with the development.
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends