President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed the founder of Sobi FM and former governorship aspirant in Kwara State in 2019, Lukman Mustapha into the board of Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that Lukman Mustapha, a seasoned Banker is to serve on the FMBN Board as the Executive Director, Loans & Mortgage Services (L&MS) to represent North-Central zone.
This is with a view to repositioning the bank as a core banking institution with core competence in mortgage finance, according to a statement issued by the
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity, Garba Shehu, on Thursday.
Recall that the President had, in January this year, appointed Mr Ayodeji Ariyo Gbeleyi, a Chartered Accountant and a well-known financial expert as Chairman of the Board.
In the new Board, Hamman Madu representing the Northeast zone with a background of over 30 years in the mortgage industry is the Managing Director/ Chief Executive Officer.
Other members are: Umar Zubaida, Executive Director, Finance and Corporate Services representing the Northwest zone; Chukwuma Kingsley, Executive Director, Business Development & Portfolio Management (BD&PM) representing the Southsouth zone; Asein Abimbola from the Southwest zone representing the Federal Ministry of works and Housing; Ejezie Sandra Nkechi, Southeast, representing the Public as well as two representatives of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
The appointment of the Board takes effect from April 13, 2022 with the exception of the Chairman, Mr Ayodeji Ariyo Gbeleyi whose appointment took effect from January 5, this year.
Facebook Comments Box
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules