The Kwara State Government has declared Friday, March 8th as a public holiday.
A statement by the State Head Of Service, Mrs. Susan Modupe Oluwole explained that this was to enable them prepare adequately for the Governorship and State House of Assembly elections coming up on Saturday, March 9th, 2019.
She appreciated the conduct of the workers in the last February 23th election and admonished them to repeat same during and after Saturday ‘s election.
The HOS however, stressed that the holiday was meant only for the state civil servants and that work resumes on Monday, March 11th.
CPS, Office of Head Of Service.
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants