Presidential spokesperson, Femi Adesina has stated that the Buhari-led administration has never clamped down on the media.
Appearing on Arise TV’s The Morning Show on Monday February 1, Adesina countered allegation of government shutting down an online news platform, Peoples Gazette.
He further described the online news platform as a “paper that lies every day. He claimed it has told lies against him and several other people.”
“This government never clamped down on the media. It has never done, and will never do.
“This government will never tamper with the independence of the media, and freedom of the press.
“Peoples gazette is a paper that lies every day. It has lied against me and has lied against several people. So why should we bother ourselves against a platform that’s full of lies?”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7