The National Coordinator, of Presidential Taskforce on COVID-19, Dr Sani Aliyu, has lost his father, Alhaji Aliyu Daneji, at the age of 96.
A son of the deceased, Mahmud Daneji told a Kano based news medium, solacebase.com that, Alhaji Aliyu Daneji died in Kano after a protracted illness on Wednesday.
The deceased whose funeral prayers were observed early on Thursday at his residence at Sabuwar Kofar, close to Kwalli Primary School, in Kano Municipal was buried this morning.
Alhaji Aliyu Daneji was a Permanent Secretary, Kano State Ministry of Finance from 1972-1975.
He was a District Officer in Niger, Benue and Plateau.
He was Chairman Kano Cooperative bank and Kano Foundation.
According to an elder statesman, Alhaji Tanko Yakasai in a condolence message described the late Aliyu Daneji as an astute civil servant, honest and dedicated who worked together with Daneji as Permanent Secretary in Finance ministry while he was the Commissioner for Finance.
- Gunmen kill DPO in Benue
- World Hijab Day: FOMWAN hails female Muslims for upholding Allah’s command
- JAMB apprehends 6 CBT operators in Kano State
- Kwara govt gives transformers to 11 communities
- Abia ADC suspends guber candidate, 3 others
- Atiku speaks on forming alliance with Kwankwaso, Peter Obi
- Naira redesign: Emefiele urges NASS, Nigerians to show understanding
- Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
- SAD…. PDP campaign rally turns mourning in Sokoto as Tambuwal’s aide, Aisha Maina dies
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari